Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Day in the Life

(of Christina, Attorney-sitter extraodinaire) - do not confuse these real life events with something you may have seen in a sit com......
Part 1
Attorney: I looked for Mr. X's deposition folder where it was supposed to be with the rest of the file, and I just can't find it. Do you have it? Can you find it for me?
Me: No, I don't have it. If it's not with the rest of the file, I don't know where it is, but I'll look for it.
Two minutes later: I have located the folder in question - on the shelf with the rest of the file, and in alphabetical order exactly where it is supposed to be.
Part 2
Attorney: (frantically) I have a deposition in an hour and I can't find the witness folder! Where is it????
Me: I haven't seen it in months. I assumed you had it.
After four of us have been searching everywhere we can think of: The attorney finds the folder sitting right in front of her on her desk.

P.S. It was the same attorney both times.

No comments: