Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stomach Training

As I mentioned to a friend earlier today, I think I've inadvertantly trained my stomach into feeling hungry when I'm bored. I got into the bad habit at work of eating when I'm bored (which is most of the time), and now I feel constantly hungry! It's like Pavlov's dog.....as soon as that bored bell is triggered in my brain, my stomach starts salivating and grumbling. Even as I sit here, though I ate lunch a mere two hours ago and will proceed to eat dinner in another 2-3, my stomach tells me I must have food - preferably junk food loaded with sugar. :) Well, how can one ignore that need? I must give in.......

7 comments:

e lemme said...

you are too funny. well if it makes you feel any better, I don't need any Bored Bell or any triggor to eat Nutella. Nutella for breakfast, lunch and dinner, here I come!! hahaha.

la Familia Cobos said...

whatever elizbeth said, that suggestion makes me sick. nutella should be sued for even making their product and selling it here in the glorious US of A. nutella has corrupted and polluted our beautiful land. no offense to the aforementioned blogger, but I mean, do we really need a variant of peanut butter or another rich creamy spread for all our eating pleasures? I'm just throwing that out there... =)

Christina said...

Indeed, nutella can never be underrated - you can never have too many rich creamy spreads! ;)

Staci said...

Ah, Lou. Boredom bell cravings are the bane of my existence. :-)

Staci said...

I forgot to say that I am in love with your profile picture, and that I just at here for 5 minutes staring at it and reliving Santorini.

Ln said...

yes yes yes yes yes!

Mariquita said...

have you tried drinking herbal tea when you're hungry? it doesn't make the hunger go away, but it's something for your mouth to do for 15 minutes while you hydrate. :)