Friday, January 18, 2008

One down, two to go

Well, I managed to submit one complete grad school application last weekend. Including, wonder of wonder miracle of miracles, my transcript from the University of Aberdeen! It arrived on my doorstep from DHL with one day to spare. Phew! It is a relief to have one app done, but I won't breathe easy until I hear back from all the schools and am accepted by at least one of them. Oh the stress of it all. In the meantime, I have stupidly allowed myself to start looking up apartments in DC on craigslist. Anyone know anything about the different neighborhoods?

1 comment:

Ln said...

I don't. But I did hear from a counselor who works on the east coast that it's extremely important to know about the neighborhoods there. Apparently there's some pretty intense ethnic and racial tension and it's pretty easy to end up in a bad spot. Really encouraging I know. But maybe it's good to know that you are on the right track?
p.s. you are my hero.